Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tvb series Speech of Silence intro.



This poster looks like a poster from a Taiwanese series, but I can't recall...


Cast: Kenneth Ma, Kate Tsui, Carrie Yiu, Chris Lai, Elaine Yiu..
Official website: http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/speechofsilence/index.html
I like the layout of the website [abstract kind], even though I didn't like the poster.

Introduction:

Taste the bittersweet, breathe the love.
Read my mind between silence and sound


Tong Tong (Kate Tsui) loses part of her hearing in an accident but she has a positive attitude towards life and she knows how to take good care of others. With the support of her mentor Ko Ming (Yue Yeung), Tong Tong becomes a voice over talent by utilizing her lip reading ability and she meets another voice talent Leung Kai Yin (Kenneth Ma) who also has keen interest in the industry. Kai Yin is fond of the leading voice actress Yuen Siu Na (Claire Yiu) and he asks Tong Tong to be his matchmaker. Tong Tong suffers from a lack of confidence to exhibit her love to Kai Yin so she prefers to help achieve his wish.

Kai Yin and Tong Tong soon become the famous couple of the industry and their career grows swiftly. However, Tong Tong's younger sister Chai Ka Yee (Elaine Yiu) suddenly commits suicide after losing her love. In order to rescue Ka Yee, Tong Tong loses her hearing completely. Ka Yee is deeply ashamed for causing the tragedy and Cheung Yau (Chris Lai) consoles her whole-heartedly. After the trauma, Tong Tong abandons herself completely and she hides away from everybody including Kai Yin. During the time, Ko Ming's voice over team suddenly breaks up and Kai Yin is the only person staying behind. Ko Ming is helpless and he urges Tong Tong to return.



The themevideo, got it from http://passthehorizon.blogspot.com/
Sung by Joyce Cheng. Not bad after all. (:



雜音遠去 兩心貼近



千言萬語 用心聽真



用心聆聽 聽得更真


One of the trailers

Comments:
Okay, I thought this is supposed to be released later than Man In Charge!

Anyway, that is not the main point. Hey I was quite disappointed with the poster!!! Cos it makes it look like it's-just-another-love-story and I hate that kind of feeling!!

The trailers look really cute, reminds me of artist Jimmy's works, that chalky, line-ly feeling. Don't know how to describe it though.

I wasn't really interested in the story when it was first introduced. But for some reason, I am watching this definitely, because it's sort of Kenneth's first male lead series to be released and Chris Lai is in the series!! I don't really like the presence of Kate Tsui though [no offence cos she can't act that well to be the first female lead yet] but it seems that many people like the Kenneth-Kate pairing a lot.. Christ Lai is finally not acting a "very good guy if he recieves any big roles" anymore, so I am quite looking forward to it...

Many people told me that they are not watching this drama, but my stand still remains firm. I really hope Kenneth fans will watch it! (:

I am not a fan of romance, so basically my views of this series from now on will be very biased, now I am watching for the people in it, not the storyline. Go Kenneth!! (:

No comments: